[lbo-talk] won't this backfire on Chomsky? Or... missing the rest of the store...? Re: old fart(s) at play

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Mon Oct 10 10:23:56 PDT 2011

i was confused at first, given Chomsky's instense defense of the tea partiers and his attack on leftists who washed their hands of them..

But then I see that he was speaking at the Rebellious Media Conference, and not to the UK Uncut audience, so crafting his message to particular audiences. /When they're radicals, he says that the OWS movement is naive, but when asked about it a few days before that, he appeared to endorse OWS.

I'm not sure I understand this strategy. Won't it backfire if OWS people find out he's denouncing them?