[lbo-talk] Occupy Wall Street: Open Forum: Why Inequality Destabilizes the Economy...

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 07:28:38 PDT 2011

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=162479257176571

Time Tuesday, October 11 · 6:00pm - 9:00pm Location zucotti park Created By Vicente RuPu More Info Why Inequality Destabilizes the Economy (and what we can do about it) Presentation and open discussion with Sara Burke.

A presentation on why rising inequality makes an economy--and the world economy as a whole--more vulnerable to crisis. This rising rising inequality is perhaps the world's greatest problem, fueling economic, social and environmental crises around the globe.

We will discuss the role of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and its perspectives on this issue, as well as assessing critically its central role in the perpetuation of policy regimes that have propagated inequality within and between countries. What kind of economic research does OWS movement need?