[lbo-talk] Blake's "London"

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Tue Oct 11 16:16:09 PDT 2011

> Blake? A prude? You know the "Marriage of Heaven and Hell"?

I must have read it, because I remember this ``Prisons are built with stones of Law, Brothels with bricks of Religion.''

Well, memories are also morphed by their context. I was twenty-one and at war with America and all things English. Probably a projection of somesort.

On the benign part, I had been imitating Rico Lebrun and Goya... It's a kind violent and dark world of art that suited me at the time, hence probably my reactions to some strains in Blake.

CG

Oh, by the way, I found a video wrap-up summary of Watergate which K might be interested in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFID6Qkwh88

It isn't that great but at least it will save a lot of time trying sort out the events and details. Deriving what was going on was difficult to sort out. It was sort of like a Russian novel with too many characters...