[lbo-talk] Blake's "London"

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Tue Oct 11 20:49:00 PDT 2011

On Wed, 12 Oct 2011, 123hop at comcast.net wrote:

> I do understand intellectually that Paradise Lost is GREAT.
>
> But I've never had a moment's pleasure reading it.

How funny. That's exactly my reaction to your man Donne. While PL just fills me with ecstasy.

De gustibus!

Although I always hope that someday it will change. That happens to me at least once a year, that some great artist I never got, whether writer, painter, musician, dancer, suddenly strikes me like lightening and it all makes sense. And it always seems impossible until it happens, because by now anyone I don't get has been baffling me for 30 years and deep down I feel it's their fault. But I never say never because it happens so often, and it's such a thrill when I does.

Michael