[lbo-talk] demands of the peasants: parsing the ideologyof the 99%ers

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Wed Oct 12 04:01:09 PDT 2011

This guy wrote a script to pull the text off the We are the 99* tumbler. Analyzing it, he describes their demands as the demands of the peasantry

http://rortybomb.wordpress.com/2011/10/09/parsing-the-data-and-ideology-of-the-we-are-99-tumblr/

BTW, does anyone know what the "We are the 53% refers to? It's a tumbler site with people countering the 99% with their own claims about how they worked their ass off and are doing OK, and if not, then they don't whine about it.

I'm curious about how dynamics like this may have played out during the Depression. Anyone know? .