[lbo-talk] Glenn Greenwald on the Very Scary Iranian Plot

ken hanly northsunm at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 14 09:41:00 PDT 2011

 The second link certainly has a lot of interesting facts about the mastermind. The first link gives good arguments that at the most a rogue drug dealer assoicated with Quds could be involved but not the Iranian government. But it makes little sense to me why even a drug dealer would do this. What possible good to it do the cartel?   Cheers ken

________________________________ From: Andy <andy274 at gmail.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2011 10:04:40 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Glenn Greenwald on the Very Scary Iranian Plot

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 10:14 PM, martin schiller <mschiller at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Oct 13, 2011, at 7:01 PM, ken hanly wrote:
>
>> I still have not seen a reasonable explanation as to why Iran would want to do this. One explanation is that they are desperate. Desperate to get themselves in more hot water?
>
> Could it be to provoke the dying beast? Baiting the bull?

Juan Cole makes it all sound improbably improbable (short posts):

http://www.juancole.com/2011/10/is-an-iranian-drug-cartel-behind-the-assassination-plot-against-the-saudi-ambassador.html

http://www.juancole.com/2011/10/wagging-the-dog-with-irans-maxwell-smart.html