[lbo-talk] Susan Abulhawa on WITBD for Palestine (rights vs. statehood

James Heartfield Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Oct 15 10:34:29 PDT 2011

Joe C. posted: ‘This, in my opinion, is what we should be working toward.? Calling for our natural rights as human beings and as an indigenous people is what unifies us all.? To be accorded human rights is our rightful inheritance.?’

I think statehood is a clearer demand. What natural right? What are indigenous people? Are some humans indigenous and some not? ‘to be accorded’ – by whom?