[lbo-talk] Susan Abulhawa on WITBD for Palestine (rights vs. statehood

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Oct 15 12:06:57 PDT 2011

I agree with this -- including the "hollow at the core." But you have t understand that in mass movements in their early stages almost the only kind of slogans/calls that will generate the necessary mass to _Begin_ serious discussion are such slogans. First you get people talking to each other under the impetus of public action, then you begin a process of correction and expansion of initial slogans. I agree that "natural rights" is about as hollow as they come, but it may be not a bad starting point.

Carrol