[lbo-talk] Susan Abulhawa on WITBD for Palestine (rights vs. statehood

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Sat Oct 15 15:25:48 PDT 2011

I have been reading Democracy is an Endless Meeting. In it, Polletta talks about how SNCC was seen as pursuing airy fairy bourgeois goals as opposed to the real, serious, manly kind of political goals pursued by NAACP, etc.

Also, SNCC was seen as a big problem because, early on, it insisted on leaderlessness and consensus building. They were denounced as pursuing too much fun stuff, when politics was serious, solemn, haaaaaard work. On top of that, all that focus on process and psycho-dynamics was seen as kinda airy fairy bullshit when robert's rules would do!

lol