[lbo-talk] made in china

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Sat Oct 15 16:47:46 PDT 2011

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nicholas Roberts" <nicholas at themediasociety.org>

In fact, I went to the Occupy Berkeley event and it was far from content free, or hollow at core. What was at core, was a diverse collection of Berkeley's radicals, progressives, liberals. After all, KPFA still puts Doug's show on the air, unlike WBAI.

The Occupy Wall St movement is what Chomsky mentioned 2 years ago, this is Obama's Army breaking loose of the heavily managed top down campaigning. Its going global. ___________________________________

My ex and my daughter went to visit Occupy Oakland today. My ex who has been a rabid commie trot all his adult life came back very impressed with the organization of the people there. Now, given, that there isn't a single political movement that hasn't earned his contempt in the last twenty years, this is praise indeed.

Something is definitely growing out there.

Joanna