[lbo-talk] [Marxism] Somewhat Off-Topic Request

Rob Hoveman robhoveman at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Oct 16 00:01:11 PDT 2011

Ray Monk's biography is very good but the analysis of his thinking is largely derived from Peter Hacker. No harm in this, as Hacker's four volume commentary on the Philosophical Investigations and the "fifth volume" on W's place in twentieth century philosophy are fantastic. I would highly recommend Hacker's work but if you are not up for reading maybe 2,500 pages of essays and exegesis, I would recommend Schroeder's Wittgenstein which was published in 2006 as probably the best introduction to W with respect to both the Tractatus and the Investigations.

Rob Hoveman