[lbo-talk] Soviet empire?

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Sun Oct 16 17:34:48 PDT 2011

If memory serves somebody (Woj? Shane?) wrote in sometime ago to argue against the idea of a Soviet empire, basically saying that the USSR did not rip off its client states, did not exact tribute,...but helped by minimizing corruption, educating its cadre, subsidizing their needs for natural resources, etc.

I've got horrible research skills. I looked for the post in the archive by searching on "Soviet empire" and came up with nothing.

Does anyone remember writing such a thing?

Thanks,

Joanna