[lbo-talk] query: from anarchist to marxist???

christian bayes christianbayes01 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 07:12:07 PDT 2011

I recently re-watched the interview with David Graeber on Charlie Rose that, I think, ravi posted. He described anarchism in a way that I thought was really interesting. In general, he said that it is a committment to the idea that it's possible to have a society based on self-organization, voluntary association and mutual aid. If you are interested in living as if that is possible, then you are an anarchist.

I take it that the passage through anarchism to Marxism probably comes by way of a recognition of the necessity of the state--that was something that Doug touched on in passing in the interview w/Corey Robin. I wonder what Marxists--or "Marxists"--think of this.

-christian