[lbo-talk] Sweatshop USA

James Leveque jamespl79 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 09:14:14 PDT 2011

Here's a choice quote:

'At the plant, Mr. Torres said, "the packing line gets really, really fast and stressful." Even though the plant was chilled below 60 degrees, he said, "I would be sweating all over."

Mr. Torres echoed many students when he said his lowest moment came with his first paycheck. After deductions by Cetusa for rent, utilities, bus fare and other items, he took home $85 for 35 hours of work.

"You wanted a cultural exchange," Mr. Torres was told by the group representative, he said. "This is America and this is the way we do things here."'

James