[lbo-talk] query: from anarchist to marxist???

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 10:31:11 PDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 5:39 PM, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

Its possible for two peole to have identical political positons while one
> labels him/herself "Marxist," the other uses the label "Christian."

To quote Max re: anarchism and Marxism above, "the categories are not quite distinct or opposing" (and even less so here, I would say). Christian Marxists aren't a particularly rare breed; the seminaries are full of 'em.

> If someone commits thenselves to the anti-capitalist struggle, what
> difference does it make what "ism" they classify their politics under?

Agreed. The most effective organizations to which I've belonged have been those that combined a broad range of people in a common struggle, regardless of their chosen label or lack thereof.