[lbo-talk] query: from anarchist to marxist???

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Oct 17 11:47:35 PDT 2011

This is just off the top of my head, and I may change my mind after seeing other rsponses.

(Assuming the "identity" in question is "Marxist.") During periods when there is no real hope of building a mass movement on the left, it becomes important to "Keep the REd Flag Flying," and it is probably worthwhile during such periods to identify oneself as Red (or in Stan Goff's coinage) "Red as a baboon's ass." When conditions are otherwise pobably it is less important, and sometimes counter-productive, to advertise one's "identity."

Whether this will be my opinion three hours from now I don't know.

Carrol