[lbo-talk] me, in Truthdig: Our Delusions of Grandeur Will Save the World

Bhaskar Sunkara bhaskar.sunkara at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 08:50:49 PDT 2011

My parents were definitely not promised anything. They immigrated with four kids, one of them ill, and my mother pregnant with me (and no money) a couple decades ago. The few comforts I enjoyed were courtesy of the remnants of the welfare state.

In the editing process sweeping "*they*s" were turned into "*we*s" to soften things...

But what about the "new economy" boom of the 90s, didn't that seem offer something, no matter how fleeting, to college grads?