[lbo-talk] A.D. 2041 — End of White America?

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 18 13:15:37 PDT 2011

Dennis R wrote:

> I still dream of Freiburg's Sahnequark

Something tells me Doug doesn't realize that "German" cuisine is best consumed either in the South (i.e. Bavaria or Baden-Württemberg) or those parts of the former GDR which have basically preserved the cultural remnants of pre-Weimar provincial life (I'm thinking mainly Saxony and Thuringia).

**Northern** German "food" (i.e. Berlin or Hamburg) is universally acknowledged to be mediocre.  But for goodness sake, you don't go to Berlin to consume German food!  You go to Berlin to consume Turkish food!