[lbo-talk] We Are Indivisible

dndlllio at aol.com dndlllio at aol.com
Tue Oct 18 18:59:22 PDT 2011

On 10/18/11 9:40 PM, 123hop at comcast.net wrote:
> If Starbucks wants to create jobs, they can start the virtuous cycle by paying their employees better wages.

Agreed. But apparently Howard Schulz has quite a clear conscience in that regard.

What mystifies me is the promise that $5 = $35:

"The donations to Create Jobs for USA will not be loaned to the CDFIs. They will be turned into capital — equity that can be leveraged. Pinsky and others told me that that equity can be leveraged 7 to 1, meaning that if 10 million Starbucks customers donate $5, that will support $350 million worth of lending."