[lbo-talk] Jacobin debate up

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 17:33:21 PDT 2011

On 10/19/2011 7:48 PM, shag carpet bomb wrote:

> one, though. when you guys get into a discussion of discord among the
> panelists, SA defends this discord by saying that it looks rancorous,
> but underneath it all, there is a solidarity, a sense of mutual
> support, something.... I didn't transcribe what you said SA.
>
> What do you think accounts for that?
>
> Why is that happening. It doesn't just magically appear, it's not a
> property of simply being y'all's wonderful selves. Or is it? What is
> it that makes you all feel a sense that you would, to paraphrase, come
> to each other's things...

Well, I guess it's obvious, isn't it? It's OWS and related activities, and the mood it's created. I would be more interested in coming to his thing now than I would have been three months ago, just because I know that his thing is heavily involved with OWS. Sort of reminds me of the traditional marriage advice - couples who don't have some common project (a kid, a business, a band, a groupuscule) don't stay together.

SA