[lbo-talk] Jacobin debate up

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 18:52:40 PDT 2011

2011/10/20 Ferenc Molnar <ferenc_molnar at hotmail.com>

Contrast it also to the current OWS which has, for better or for worse, not
> made war and American imperialism a central issue. It's not necessarily a
> good choice erasing the elephant in the room (as the cost of living
> demonstrations in Israel have done) in order to form new coalitions but it
> does seem to be what is happening not just here but in many of the global
> uprisings.

I'd be curious in hearing others' impressions about how true this is. I've been off experiencing another sort of occupation this whole time, but the understanding I've gotten from Facebook walls, Twitter feeds, news reports, and conversations with friends in the city has been that foreign policy concerns have factored into OWS, even if they haven't been its main thrust. Of course, seeing what you want to see is always a danger under these conditions. What do those of you with first-hand experience think?