[lbo-talk] Jacobin debate up

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Wed Oct 19 19:23:47 PDT 2011

the other positions in that room, however, don't have anything but changing hearts and minds either.

but I don't think you've accurately characterized what she's saying: she's talking about physically, materially enacting a politics. (is this what Eric B means by biopolitics? I never understand that language...)

Regardless, Natasha's is a thoroughly materialist vision of social change as political practice. Ideas change in the process of putting your ass on the line trying to change the society you live in. The idealism problem rests with the rest of the folks in the room, unfortunately.