[lbo-talk] OWS Demands working group: jobs for all!

Eric Beck ersatzdog at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 11:46:22 PDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 8:33 AM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:
> [As I just said, the anarchist-libertarian faction is trying to block the adoption of this by the OWS general assembly.]

Okay, let me ask explicitly: what's wrong with being against full employment as a demand? Jobs (little "j") fucking suck and cause as much misery, stress, and death as lack of jobs. Why demand that? Talk about desiring your own repression.

And yes, there are other proposals out there that are both better and just as realistic,* universal social wage, for instance. I mean, if we're making demands, let's really make some fucking demands.

*Yes, in this climate, full employment is an outrageous demand. And even if it weren't, why craft your demands to what you think might be possible. So again, what's the objection to the objection? Principle?