[lbo-talk] The anti-credit cards preacher

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 13:00:05 PDT 2011

Ten years ago I used to tune a radio station somewhere in southern USA. A black presenter had a show, where he used to rant against credit cards... he was like a mix between a preacher and a "Debt relief" advisor. When I first tuned it I thought I was listening to a comic skit, SNL-style, that Eddie Murphy was playing a character. But no, the guy was real and had a daily show.

"Mastercard is not your master" and "you don´t need American Exist to exist" where two of his punch lines. He also used to instruct listeners to take scissors and slice their credit cards on the air.

Is this a nationally known person? Any idea of whom he might be? (or have been, considering it was 10 yrs ago)

FC -- "The purpose of computing is insight, not numbers." Richard Hamming - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamming_code