[lbo-talk] OWS Demands working group: jobs for all!

Eric Beck ersatzdog at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 20:07:57 PDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 5:11 PM, SA <s11131978 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Eric and others: you're just misunderstanding this "anarchist" position.

Is this where your researches into anarchism have led you? I suggest more research. Particularly you might want to keep in mind that articulated positions and expressed ideology are not that same as political actions. I like Carrol's formulation that theory always follows action, but it doesn't even have to be that temporally specific and it doesn't have to imply that thinking is not political. It is, but it's a different form of politics than bodies meeting and interacting. So Lennard and Graeber may occasionally articulate positions that seem to avoid antagonism and the like, but their actions are quite distinct from that, aren't they? I mean, they are not Occupying Beautifulsoulland; they are Occupying Wall Street. There are implicit demands in that act that don't get revealed in expressions about it. It's worth giving those as much consideration as manifest declarations.