[lbo-talk] The "Liberty Square Blueprint"

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Fri Oct 21 10:26:16 PDT 2011

Not a single word about the tens of millions of unemployed and underemployed, the tens of millions without health insurance, and the tens of millions in poverty. Instead, we read about bartering, urban farming, and charities. Amazing. Doug

----------

Yet, I am watching this morning (9:50pdt):

http://www.livestream.com/occupynyc

...which seems to be heating up.

Looking around again:

Q: Hi, last night I found out that we have a Demands group. I’ve been meaning to say this, that I think the word “demands” is for terrorist groups. We should be working on solutions, as in the Open Source group, Visions & Goals, and in this group. I’d love to propose that we stop making demands. It has failed us the last 100 years.

Point of Information: Very early on, this General Assembly agreed that we would make no demands. So before demands are made, that agreement would have to be examined.

http://www.nycga.net/2011/10/19/764/#more-764

So I think I get what's going on. Open Source group, Visions and Goals v. Terrorist group Demands? Nice framing.

Comment. The visions and goals group is either very new to demonstrations or have somekind of non-political ideals they have cooked up out of thin air. I'd suggest they attended a few of Julio's classes if he is still giving them. And then send a contingent over to CUNY schools and talk to students.

CG