[lbo-talk] "The bailout returned a profit for the US taxpayer!"

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Fri Oct 21 11:18:40 PDT 2011

> "Aren't you aware that the bailout actually
> returned a profit for the US taxpayer?"

A perfect reminder (perhaps to Rand Paul?) that a strong central government isn't at the mercy of "the free market" in cases like that; it strikes me that this should be the example that proves that "the free market" is just a bunch of children who need to get rescued from themselves periodically.

If it "returned a profit" then it "was a success" -- a success at what? Cleaning up a supreme mess made by the children. My position is: the governement could clean up a LOT more messes than that one.

# "Are you aware that mom's vacuum returned a profit to our playroom?"

/jordan

ps: more here: http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20111003/011544.html