[lbo-talk] Cantor cancels speech

SK seth235 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 21 14:21:47 PDT 2011

> >> Cantor was scheduled to speak on income inequity ...
> Wait, is that a typo?

> Isn't that like Brig. General Jack Ripper being scheduled to speak on Purity of Essence?

> I'd kind of like to hear what Cantor has to say on the subject ...

not a typo. Yes, speaking on inequality at Wharton. Here's the speech he would have given.

http://thedp.com/index.php/article/2011/10/eric_cantor_wharton_remarks_as_prepared_for_delivery

and here's more info, and a picture of the crowd inside. After he cancelled, Occupy Philly kept their march to Wharton, saying they don't cancel, and renamed it a "March for Integrity".

http://thedp.com/index.php/article/2011/10/cantor_cancels_huntsman_hall_visit

For one day at least, I am so happy...