[lbo-talk] Murray Bookchin on autonomy, consensus, democracy

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Fri Oct 21 18:27:49 PDT 2011

Yup. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around this:

"Today, if an anarchist theorist like L. Susan Brown can assert that "a group is a collection of individuals, no more and no less," rooting anarchism in the abstract individual, we have reason to be concerned."

I suppose it's not surprising, but it is a little scary that theory is being spun by those who have had no concrete experience of the social, outside of family/friends. So, in that sense, part of the value of OWS is to provide to all an experience of the social.

J.