[lbo-talk] Murray Bookchin on autonomy, consensus, democracy

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Sat Oct 22 14:39:34 PDT 2011

Carrol you have a curious tendency to misread me.

I was referring to a small grouplet within OWS, and one characteristic of consciousness in America.

I am leaping with joy. I went down to Occupy Oakland today, and I'd tell you all about it except you truly piss me off sometimes.

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carrol Cox" <cbcox at ilstu.edu>

Joanna:

Yes, it's very sad and politically problematic. But perhaps it's the case that the emptier people are made to feel, the more important it is for them to assert their "individuality."

A nation of exurbs and chain stores, teeming with individuals.

-------

I should think what is _really_ sad is to be moping in one's tent and luxuriating in one's superiority to the rest of the humanity while the rest of the world's leftists are leaping for joy.

Sad indeed.

Carrol