[lbo-talk] To Doug

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Sat Oct 22 17:14:34 PDT 2011

It's not about regular, daily, weekly, or monthly participation. It's about ANY participation other than advertising.

I mean, it's just rude. This is not a bulletin board; it's a discussion group of sorts.

He can post or not post. I would just like Jonathan to understand that I think he is being rude.

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jonathan Nitzan" <nitzan at yorku.ca>

Doug:

I don't try to sell or promote anything. Once or twice a month, I post a link to research I'm engaged in. I do so when I believe that this research may be of interest to members and readers of your list. I cannot see why such postings should be conditioned on my participation in the day-to-day discussion.

I'm aware that some list members are very annoyed by these interventions, however infrequent. A select few have even taken it upon themselves to issue warnings to the laity not to read those postings, lest their pure souls be corrupted (I can already imagine the colourful language of their retaliations).

Since this is your own list, the decision is up to you. I hope reason prevails -- and, if it doesn't, there is always the option of shutting me off.

Jonathan

*********