[lbo-talk] Jobs, inventor of portable mp3 music. ;)

Mark Bennett bennett.mab at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 00:13:37 PDT 2011

I bought a 30g NOMAD way back in the early 00s. It was recommended by the folks at Headroom.com as having superior sound to the iPod, and Apple's celebrated user-friendly, intuitive technology certainly had nothing on Creative's; the NOMAD's documentation was so poorly drafted that is was useless; however, the device and its software were a snap to use. It was a little bigger than the iPod, and a lot cheaper. It worked great for about 4 years, then just quit. I was done with portable music players by that time, so no great loss.

On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 11:40 PM, Fernando Cassia <fcassia at gmail.com> wrote:

> Myth #1 - Jobs, Great Inventor of portable mp3 players
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creative_Technology
>
> ---
> In April 1999, Creative launched the NOMAD line of digital audio
> players that would later introduce the MuVo and ZEN series of portable
> media players. Creative remains a serious competitor in the portable
> audio player market, a market which they dominated until the entry of
> Apple Computer with the iPod.

,<snip>

FC