[lbo-talk] those demands? forget about 'em!

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Sun Oct 23 12:22:48 PDT 2011

Why?

--------

Some apology is in order.

However, reading through these explanations just pissed me off. This whatever it is, is quickly devolving into something resembling sectarian bullshit of yore. It's something I really have no interest in at all.

Why, because I fight this kind of fight nearly everyday, as I propose and figure out actions and somebody from nowhere objects on the basis of this or that. It's been going on for six fucking months. Meanwhile nothing was getting done. Finally, Friday we had a meeting that got somewhere.

Example. I researched a line of cleaning products that were hypoallergenic, or claimed to be because the scent-lady in the org, objected to what I used in the past. We are supposed to be all inclusive. I looked up a hospital line, and that was found wanting...

In a long ago face to face confrontation over this issue, I told the woman, You bring in what you want me to use, and I will clean your chair. She turned around and left in a huff. She never came back. Much later I looked up what sectarian scent-people prefer. White distilled vingar. Fine bring it in and I'll use it.

Political movements attract a certain kind of person who whether they know it or not are obstructionists by character. OWS has evidently collected quite a few. You'all better gain some handle on these people or you are doomed.

BTW consensus is itself a demand, and is precisely the sort of tyranny that Bookchin was writing about

CG