[lbo-talk] Die Linke Poses the "System Question"

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Oct 23 23:32:04 PDT 2011

It's quite a bit. Of course as we know from a century of experience no gain is guaranteed to last -- but still: When was the last time a left party (and with an electoral base to boot) explicitly reaffirmed the legacy of the Commune!!!!!

Like you I am looking for more to come, but this is sort of a first explicit return from this wonderful explosion.

Carrol

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Michael Smith Sent: Sunday, October 23, 2011 10:36 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Die Linke Poses the "System Question"

On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 04:05:39 +0100 (BST) Angelus Novus <fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com> wrote:

> "The Erfurt party convention enacts a progam with 'red stop line'.
> [Party Chairman Klaus] Ernst affirms the legacy of the Paris
> Commune, Rosa Luxemburg, and Carlo Guiliani"
>
> Thank you, OWS!  This wouldn't have been possible without you!

One certainly hopes that we will have more to thank OWS for than this. Indeed, I personally already have.

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://www.cars-suck.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com