[lbo-talk] Die Linke Poses the "System Question"

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Mon Oct 24 07:28:09 PDT 2011

On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 08:14:36 -0400 "shag carpet bomb" <shag at cleandraws.com> wrote:

> Michael, aside from moving you to write even more beautifully than you
> normally do, what else did OWS do?

Thanks for the kind words.

It's a little hard to say what OWS has done for me without getting more personal than I ordinarily like to do. It's a little pallid to say that I've found it 'encouraging'; I want a stronger term.

On a less purely personal note, I've always believed that it's an absolutely indispensable to have lots of people out in the street interfering with traffic before anything good can happen. But that's a phenomenon that doesn't occur until some large-scale tectonic processes have built up a certain amount of pressure; people don't turn out like this for trivial reasons. So it makes me feel like the continental plates are maybe beginning to slip.

But I feel a blog post coming on; maybe I'll let your well-directed question ferment a little more.

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://www.cars-suck.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com