[lbo-talk] Die Linke Poses the "System Question"

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Oct 24 12:39:50 PDT 2011

On 10/24/2011 1:44 AM, duh-roo wrote: Seems they've taken OWS and run ahead a ways...

Yes. Yes. Yes. Der Linke is a Party; it is doing what a Party is supposed to do. OWS made it POSSIBLE for Der Linke to do what a Party is supposed to do.

But one large tendency on LBO or of some LBO posters, has been to insist that OWS be a Party. It isn't. It can't be. It should not act like a Party. It should be what it decides to do with its framework and by its chosen processes. That is not a framework for a Party of any sort.

We know that OWS has won its battle. It is a Victor. But what that Great Victory means will be determined by what we do in the world it has created for us.

Carrol