[lbo-talk] end of OWS?

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Mon Oct 24 17:29:00 PDT 2011

On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 16:47:43 -0700 Dennis Claxton <ddclaxton at earthlink.net> wrote:

> At this point we have lost the support of allies in the Community
> Board, and the State Senator and city electeds who have been fighting
> the city to stave off our eviction

This kinda gives the game away, doesn't it? Any time the occupiers get to feeling they need the goodwill of state senators and city council rodents, they're doomed.

I can't stand the drummers, myself, but this is just a pretext -- like the 'cleanup'. I'd cheerfully allow a drum circle to occupy my own apartment, if it would just make the tower trolls' heads explode.

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://www.cars-suck.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com