[lbo-talk] Elvin

Jordan jgl123 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 25 22:42:43 PDT 2011

Even though he was getting up there, I feel very lucky to have seen Elvin Jones in Paris, twice. He looked like he was having fun and could still keep five complicated lines going at the same time.

Not only did I see him, but it was free, courtesy of a state that still uses some of its taxes to fund the arts - or at least it did pre-Czar-cosy...

Aloha,

P.S. Thanks for the Hal Blaine interview.  My mom used to work at Goldstar (home of the wall of sound and the engineer who really created it) in the 60's.  I'll have to ask her if she knew him.