[lbo-talk] madness in Oakland

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Oct 26 10:26:04 PDT 2011

Yes, must have been coordinated. They brought cops in from the outside.

They said the issue was sanitation, but I was at Occupy Oakland on Saturday and the place was pristine. And I mean not a gum wrapper on the ground. Nothing. I saw no violence, smelled no marijuana fumes. Nothing.

Joanna

[posted by Andrej Grubacic to Debate]

Insane amount of violence in Oakland tonight. Much worse then during Oscar Grant riots. Many are injured. Broken limbs, hands, fingers. Oakland was a war zone. Police attacked women in wheelchairs, children. The protesters have been gassed at least 4 times this evening, and they are using sonic warfare as well as rubber bullets on unarmed civilians now. Thousands of people continuously tried to retake the plaza and regroup but tear gas, concussion grenades, and rubber bullets prevented them from taking over the plaza, at least for now. People were amazing. Atlanta Occupation was evicted few hours ago. Baltimore under attack. This appears to be a coordinated police action. It is not over (Oakland). People are dancing in the street. Police is back with flash bangs. New assembly is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon.

Police launches tear gas, flash bang canisters into crowd: http://www.ktvu.com/video/29587140/index.html

Oakland police fires teargas:

http://gawker.com/5853372

Protester injured by rubber bullet:

http://twitpic.com/75wrpb More tear gas video reports:

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=237706202950462

Occupy Atlanta:

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/occupy-atlanta-police-arrest-1209963.html

-- Ciao,

Andrej --- "This river here is the official geographical limit between the Balkans and Mitteleuropa [Central Europe]. So beware! On the other side: horror, Oriental despotism; women get beaten and raped and like it. On this side: Europe, civilization, women get beaten and raped but don't like it." Slavoj Zizek -- Andrej Grubacic PM Press Page http://www.pmpress.org/content/article.php?story=andrejgrubacic Z-Space: http://www.zcommunications.org/zspace/andrejgrubacic/ Global Balkans Network: www.globalbalkans.org _______________________________________________ Debate-list mailing list Debate-list at fahamu.org http://lists.fahamu.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/debate-list ___________________________________ http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/mailman/listinfo/lbo-talk