[lbo-talk] Tuesday evening report from OWS

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Wed Oct 26 20:28:08 PDT 2011

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 20:25:22 -0400 Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> > That's not where she got it. It came from n+1:
> >
> > http://nplusonemag.com/monday-night-urgent-ows-message

This isn't the same item I saw on Dean's blog, though some language is similar. I read Dean's blog post as indicating Gothamist as the source, though her blog is styled in a way that makes quoted material hard to distinguish from her own.

Of course I think the world of the n+1 people, but this item does exhibit a rather puzzling overestimate of the importance of the 'community board'.

My sense is that the drummers were driving a lot of occupiers crazy, and that makes a lot more difference than what a bunch of hirelings, hangers-on, and nonentities on a 'community board' think. These people decide nothing. I suppose it does no harm to conciliate them if it can be done in a cost-free way, but it's just kinda silly to spend any time worrying about them. Particularly for a red-hot sternly orthodox Leninist like Comrade Dean.

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://www.cars-suck.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com

"I think the American people want a solemn ass as a President, and I think I will go along with them."

-- Barack Obama

(Okay, okay, it was really Calvin Coolidge.)