[lbo-talk] enemy's turf

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Thu Oct 27 04:24:26 PDT 2011

heh. We're talking Zizek here. He seems to operate like a marketer, you know? Whatever it takes to promote the brand.

If he needs to echo the sentiments of the NYU situ-wackuppiers or pretty much any situ-wackuppier document about the theory behind occupation and when and where to make demands (including the bit about time, demands, etc.), then this is perfectly find in his world. It's a brand to follow and there are future buyers of books in the crowds!

Silence on your demand to connect the dots, much as his recommendation for silence on the demand for demands, is an excellent sales technique: keep 'em guessing! Keep 'em talking. Laugh. Write another book in which you trot out the coke without caffeine line to make 'em swoon.

I really wish he'd do something on splenda. *sigh*