[lbo-talk] We used the "people's mic" to drown out the speeches of Chancellor Walcott and David Coleman

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 08:25:49 PDT 2011

Occupy Wall St. Inspiring story from Occupy the DOE: "The meeting, supposed to be a presentation of the Common Core standards, was very quickly taken over by teachers, parents, students and education activists, some of them from Occupy Wall Street. We used the "people's mic" to drown out the speeches of Chancellor Walcott and David Coleman, who soon exited the stage to give their lessons upstairs." NYC Public School Parents: Last night at the Panel for Educational Policy, we occupied the DOE! nycpublicschoolparents.blogspot.com Thank you for ruining the meeting for those who wish a true dialog with the DOE.No wonder the administration burns out and gives up trying.