[lbo-talk] occupation and situationists was Re: enemy's turf

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Thu Oct 27 15:15:58 PDT 2011

Bryan Atinksy: <> Sometimes I wish there was the ability to do a Facebook type "like" on <> LBO-Talk posts... <> <> Like <> <> Bryan

Me too. So has anyone written anything about the problems with using this expression? I know we have plenty of those essays written for a u.s. centric POV, but haven't seen much from elsewhere.

I've been meaning to ask, if anyone is reading, if any of the situationists - peole familiar with their material - can explain or help me understand what they are talking about when they talk about the occupation of time and space?

I get the space bit, but I'm thinking that I'm imposing my own assumption on the time bit. For instance, when I first read about it (in that piece i fowarded about "radical liberals") my first reaction was to think of Moishe Postone's arguments about time and domination.

Much appreciated if someone can provide some pointers or cliffnotes.

shag

<> On Oct 27, 2011, at 16:00, Joseph Catron <jncatron at gmail.com> wrote: <> <>> <>> Just don't try bringing it to Palestine! (I've heard whispers of an <>> ill-fated "Occupy Ramallah" experiment ...) <>> <>> <>> <> ___________________________________ <> http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/mailman/listinfo/lbo-talk <>