[lbo-talk] Tuesday evening report from OWS

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Thu Oct 27 18:55:29 PDT 2011

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 21:11:16 -0400 Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> The level of hostility directed at her here really annoys me.

But clearly, Doug, she too has really annoyed some of us. You can't seriously think this comes out of nowhere? She's taken a strong position, which is very much to her credit as far as it goes. But good Lord, how old is she?

One has the sense of a person still groping her way, and badly handicapped by a glib pomo vocabulary and perhaps also an elite-college feeling that she's got to be smartest person in the room, ex officio.

Then there are the deep character deformations that come with 'teaching' and handing out grades. But this topic would take us too far afield.

All that said, I think she's making progress and I hope for great things.

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://www.cars-suck.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com

"I think the American people want a solemn ass as a President, and I think I will go along with them."

-- Barack Obama

(Okay, okay, it was really Calvin Coolidge.)