[lbo-talk] Another computer great passes: John McCarthy RIP

SK seth235 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 28 03:27:41 PDT 2011

So much programming talk. I can't get that excited about the differences between most languages. I use Python for most things, Java still for a bigger projects, because iI like the security of static typing when things get complicated, and there are great debugging environments for Java. There is something quite beautiful about functional programming, though. However, I just wanted to mention that, if I remember right, in the index for Steele's Common Lisp, if you look up "kludges" in the index, it lists pp. 1-971, or something like that.