[lbo-talk] occupation and situationists was Re: enemy's turf

// ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Fri Oct 28 10:36:37 PDT 2011

On Oct 28, 2011, at 12:23 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:
> On Oct 28, 2011, at 12:18 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:
>
>>> How would the bottom 40% of the income distribution, Walmart's core customer base, feel about this?
>>
>> This is NOT the way one goes about considering a tactical suggestion. You are looking at the "final product" and leaving out everything that would come in between. So your question is, at this point, a quibble, a provocation.
>
> You've got to be fucking kidding. There's only so much time in life and pissing off the rural working class seems like a bad use of it.

I think his point may be that that’s not a given. Whether you will piss off rural working class people or not is a question that will arise and be addressed when the tactic is fleshed out. Are you arguing that there is no way to occupy Walmart without pissing off rural working class customers? I don’t see why that would be true.

—ravi