[lbo-talk] occupation and situationists was Re: enemy's turf

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Oct 28 10:52:35 PDT 2011

On Oct 28, 2011, at 1:36 PM, SA wrote:

> Shhh, you're not allowed to say that here. Only people who actually occupy a Walmart are allowed to decide whether occupying a Walmart is a bad idea. Or something like that.

Truth clarifies itself in the heat of the moment. You know, it'll seem really right, when it's really right, you know, man?

Now if workers wanted to sit down in a Walmart as part of an organizing drive, that could make a lot of sense. I should ask my friend who works for the UFCW what he thinks of that idea.

Doug