[lbo-talk] occupation and situationists was Re: enemy's turf

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 11:19:24 PDT 2011

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 7:27 PM, <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:

It seems the overall effect would be to further humiliate the people who
> have to shop there.

In the friendliest of spirits, I don't know WTF you're talking about. I used to shop there all the time, and plenty of my family still does. Frankly, if I'd done the kinds of things that would net me the cash to shop at higher-end places (like we didn't really have in my part of Virginia), I'd be more likely to find them humiliating. Maybe Wal-Mart shopping is stigmatized by a certain demographic, but it for sure isn't actual Wal-Mart shoppers.