[lbo-talk] occupation and situationists was Re: enemy's turf

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Oct 28 11:39:58 PDT 2011

On Oct 28, 2011, at 2:25 PM, Michael Smith wrote:

> What I can't imagine is worrying about it. Wouldn't any *strike*
> 'pit workers against customers'? This sort of thing is like being
> frightened of your own shadow.

It's different if the place is closed, rather than having workers or outside agitators sitting down in an open store.

For a lot of people, Walmart is their major shopping option. It's not like an auto strike, where part of the leverage is that the frustrated GM customer could buy a Toyota instead.

I just love these stratospheric speculations presenting themselves as solidly grounded class war.