[lbo-talk] occupation and situationists was Re: enemy's turf

Eric Beck ersatzdog at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 11:39:58 PDT 2011

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 1:26 PM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> Ah, so clearly you do know all. I defer to your superior wisdom. You've already demonstrated it because you think a jobs program is bullshit.

As I recall the arc of the conversation, shag tentatively proposed that *consumers* could take over a Walmart, meaning, I assumed, *Walmart's customers*. Michael elaborated on what such an action might look like. Then you dismissed it out of hand because the poor might object. Far as I could tell, you were the first to rule out the possibility that the 40% could or would be involved. I think everyone else assumed "they" would be. I mean, I'm a Walmart customer and I'd be down with that shit. But maybe I don't count.